This summer we’re teaming up again with CSA (community supported agriculture) vegetable farms to bring local log-grown mushrooms to families on a bi-weekly basis. CSAs are generally paid for in advance and give families a full growing season’s worth of vegetables and sometimes fruit. Now we offer a mushroom “add-on,” where you can pay an additional amount so that you’ll also receive a share of local high quality mushrooms to your CSA! This is what it looks like:
– several bi-monthly shares added to your CSA box. Generally 8 to 10, this depends on the length of your vegetable CSA.
– You will get a selection of log-grown shiitake, oyster, lion’s mane, and other cultivated and foraged mushrooms like hen of the woods and chicken of the woods. In 2018 we’re excited about providing even more variety and quality to our shares!
– Each share includes a quarter pound of mushrooms (may be a little less with certain mushrooms) per share. Preparing mushrooms (even rare ones) isn’t as challenging as you may think. It’s sometimes as simple as sauteeing them in butter or olive oil with some garlic and eating them on a baguette or pasta. Still, we provide a recipe for each mushroom delivery that should give you an idea of how to make the most of the mushrooms you’re getting!
– On the first week we’ll be treating you with one of our reishi mushroom brownies, and concluding with a 3.5 oz jar of smoked shiitake mushroom butter, or another of our delicious mushroom butters or spreads.
– Here’s an example of a full mushroom share through one of our veggie CSA partner farms from 2017:
- June 20 – Shiitake mushrooms [and this year also a reishi mushroom brownie]
- July 4 – Gray oyster mushrooms
- July 18 – Shiitake mushrooms
- July 31 – Chanterelle mushrooms
- August 15 – Lobster mushrooms
- August 28 – Golden oyster mushrooms
- September 12 – Shiitake mushrooms
- September 26 – Shiitake and oyster mushrooms
- October 10 – Our last share of the season! Shiitake mushrooms and a jar of black truffle spread
– This year (2018) we will have mushroom CSAs through Steady Hand Farm, Blackbrook Farm and after an absence, we’ll be back with Loon Organics! We’re also welcoming CSA share members from Burning River Farm and Tangletown Gardens. We’re still talking to other vegetable farms, so bring it up with your CSA if you’d like to receive mushrooms with your CSA shares!
Contact Farmer Jeremy McAdams at 612-205-8599 or fill out the form below:
Cherry Tree House Mushrooms LLC, 827 15th St., Clayton, WI, 54004